The ideal individual for this position will have a keen understanding of the 1099 process and be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Virtual Seasonal 1099 Administrator
Accounting Department.com never settles with status quo. We strive to make sure our staff have plenty of opportunities that broaden skill sets and ultimately enhance career satisfaction while working here. If you’re someone who wants to make a difference, is a confident communicator, loves a good challenge, and happily embraces change, then we sound like a perfect match!
It’s been an exciting 10+ years at AccountingDepartment.com! We hope you will join us as we continue this exciting revolutionary journey we are on.
Position responsibilities include supporting and overseeing the 1099 completion process in a fast paced virtual accounting services environment during the months of October through January. This is a flexible, full time position during these months, with the core hours of operation being 8-5.
The ideal individual for this position will have a keen understanding of the 1099 process and be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This position requires the individual to be a conscientious, well-organized team-player who exhibits great attention to detail, follow up skills and professionalism.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review all clients’ vendors to ensure all 1099s are received
• Work closely with Accounting Specialist to ensure all vendors are setup correctly for 1099 reporting
• Review of account mapping to the 1099 code for accuracy
• Review all new vendors to ensure all W-9s have been received
• Conduct preliminary review of 1099 summary and detail reports
• Liaison with Controllers and Accounting Specialists on open items and any issues that arise. Provide phone and email response for internal questions from Accounting Specialist and Controller staff.
• Verify 1099 accuracy through Track1099 filing Software before filing
• Ensure all processes are in compliance with IRS regulations
• Serves as a subject matter expert on tax information reporting and related requirements
• Ensure B-notices are handled precisely as needed
• Other duties and/or special projects may be assigned to meet business needs
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 4 years of demonstrated 1099 experience and former tax reporting
• Knowledge of IRS filing requirements in regards to 1099 filings laws/regulations. Knowledge of 1042 filings laws/regulations would be helpful, but not necessary.
• Basic knowledge in proper accounting principles, practices, and procedure
• Familiarity with various state filing requirements
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work both independently and in a team setting; be a self –starter as well as be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Confident in one’s abilities to work with minimal direction
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Comfortable working with many different personality types
• High degree of computer literacy, including extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office, and specifically Outlook
• 2 years recent related experience in QB desktop and QBO
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma, or equivalent. Associate’s Degree preferred.
If these are the things that you are passionate about and excite you, then we should talk!
Working at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC
The people at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC are passionate about their work and are driven by innovation. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our work environment is equal parts casual and professional. We’re serious about our business and delivering the best service to our clients, but we also make it a priority to keep things fun and exciting.
How to become part of our future success:
If you believe you have what it takes to assume this new role, you must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this position. Kindly include your salary requirements in the cover letter. Only candidates that submit these criteria will be considered