Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with experience supporting attorneys in a wide variety of practice areas, including civil litigation and transactional work.
Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with experience supporting attorneys in a wide variety of practice areas, including civil litigation and transactional work. If you are a paralegal with more than 3 years of experience, particularly in providing the type of multifaceted assistance required in a small firm environment, have previously assisted attorneys remotely, and have the tech savvy to work with a variety of different cloud-based software, including practice management software, we want to hear from you!
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide paralegal, administrative, and marketing support. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal who can assist with a variety of practices, including litigation and transactional work. You should have experience in civil litigation, particularly commercial litigation, as well as preparing contracts and other transactional documents. Other helpful areas of expertise include family law, personal injury, real estate, bankruptcy, and intellectual property. Many of our firms include small practices needing assistance with preparing, formatting, and e-filing documents. Transactional support can include preparation of contracts, corporate formation, and assisting with regulatory filings.
The position will require between 15 and 20 hours of work per week on average, with the possibility of moving up towards 30 hours per week during busy times. Because we provide highly attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during the business day within one hour by email, phone, and text from 9 AM – 6 PM.
The ideal candidate will be very technologically adept, and have excellent Word and Adobe skills. You should also have experience using calendaring and/or practice management software to calendar deadlines. We are a growing business and we are looking for a paralegal who is excited to partner with us to help grow this aspect of our business. Pay is $18.50/hour. You would be hired as a part-time employee of Equivity, not an independent contractor.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal certificate
- 3+ years working as a paralegal supporting both litigation and transactional practices
- Experience creating documents in MS Word and Adobe, including the ability to create linked Table of Contents and Table of Authorities
- Experience e-filing
- Experience drafting motions, both from forms and templates
- Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio, PC Law, or Abacus
- Experience with New York litigation practice a plus
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM – 6 PM Eastern Time, Monday – Friday
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to take phone calls