Powered by Creative Market
Work with a growing, fast-paced social media company as a Social Media Content Specialist!
– Are you passionate about writing, research, and social media?
– Do you enjoy finding great content online and sharing it with others?
– Do friends, family, and coworkers come to you when they need help crafting the perfect message?
– When you see spelling and grammar errors, do they distract you or make you feel uncomfortable?
– Do you enjoy learning about subjects and people you’re not familiar with?
– Do you consider yourself a bit of an organizational nut?
If you answered yes to all 6 questions then read on! This might be the perfect fit for you.
We are an established social media startup that specializes in working with small businesses from around the world. We are currently hiring social media Content Specialists to search for great content, write creative social media copy, and prepare for publishing on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and more.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) ghost-writing social media posts for multiple companies within a range of industries.
Our ideal candidate will look something like this:
1. First of all, you “get it.” You are social media savvy and actively use the major social networks. You understand how businesses and brands use social media to build and engage with their audiences.
2. You love discovering and sharing interesting, unique, relevant content (this will be the bulk of your work), and you are really great at writing creative intros to said content that don’t put people to sleep. You also have the ability to adapt to different personality styles – important for allowing the client’s unique “vibe” to come through.
3. You are a self-starter and thrive on working independently. This is a work from home position, so you must be disciplined enough to do what needs to be done without constant supervision. Can you keep yourself on task without a manager close by? Perfect!
4. You are super organized and have the ability to manage a pretty hefty task list on a daily basis without losing track of things or getting overwhelmed. This is highly important, since you will be working with dozens of different accounts as a full-time content writer.
5. You are very detail-oriented and always strive for perfection in your work – you take an almost obsessive pride and ownership in a job well done. You are also a grammar and spelling aficionado, and never make mistakes. (Hugely important. You have to know: Your vs. You’re; There, Their, They’re, etc. Our commitment to our clients is no mistakes — EVER.)
6. You have the ability to wear many hats throughout your day and change them at a moment’s notice. You will be working with many different business throughout many different industries, and they all have their own tone of voice and general vibe. Posts must be tailored to each company specifically so it looks as if the business owner writes them.
7. You have wit, a sense of humor, creativity, and awesomeness… and you don’t mind who knows it!
BEFORE CONTACTING US, PLEASE REVIEW THESE IMPORTANT NOTES:
- This is a work from home position. Working in your pajamas is encouraged, but you MUST be able to get your full workload done each day. This is not a “watching TV while you browse the internet” type of job.
- Number of hours will vary based on the number of accounts you take on and how fast your capacity can grow. We ask that you are available to work full time (40 hours per week) and expect that you can take on 100-120 accounts within a reasonable amount of time. There is a good chance you will be assigned new accounts daily (M-F) until you reach capacity.
- You will be paid a flat rate per account, not an hourly wage, that changes based on the total number of accounts you are writing for. Pay gets better as you get busier!
- A high-functioning computer or laptop with reliable internet capability is a requirement. This job cannot be done on a tablet or smartphone.
- We require 6-7 hours of self-paced online training and a few conference calls with your team lead before you are assigned any accounts. This training is unpaid, so the faster you get through it the faster you’ll start making money.
- This is an independent contractor position. This means we do not withhold taxes, etc. from your pay – this will be your responsibility.