If you thrive on being helpful and supporting a growing team by resolving and investigating team member inquiries, assisting in coordinating company-wide activities, keeping documents organized, and driving day-to-day tasks forward this gig might be for you.
Powered by Creative Market
Our team is growing and we’re looking for an operations-loving person to add to the mix. The Virtual Administrative Assistant role at Modern Tribe is a champion for the Ops team as well as our culture and our candidate experience. This role helps to drive Ops/HR and recruiting projects forward. If you thrive on being helpful and supporting a growing team by resolving and investigating team member inquiries, assisting in coordinating company-wide activities, keeping documents organized, and driving day-to-day tasks forward this gig might be for you.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPYWhere there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFULAlways looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUSIt is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLEOur clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- A FREELANCERThis means that if you live within the USA, you will also maintain your own personal client list and that Modern Tribe will only comprise a portion of your total income. Regardless of where you live, you need to be already freelancing.
- Extremely outgoing and friendly attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience within an Agency environment or in-house ops team
- Knowledge of remote office procedures and workflows
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information including basic computer security practices
- Experience organizing and sorting large and complicated folder structures. Be prepared to tell us a story about how you took a mess and made a system out of it.
- Experience working in a small team and wearing a variety of hats to solve problems as needed
- Proficient with Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs etc, Google Hangouts etc.
- Solid spreadsheeting and document tools experience, ideally using Google.
- Previous recruiting experience
- Previous HR department experience
- Assist in the daily, weekly, and monthly activities of the Ops and HR teams
- Handle unplanned tasks as they come in
- Support team members by resolving or investigating Ops information inquiries and research
- Assist in recruiting with posting gigs and reviewing applications for top priority open roles
- Execute the onboarding and offboarding processes
- Identify areas of efficiency within the Ops team
Work from anywhere in the US or Canada; if you are in Central or South America, let’s talk. This will be a 100% remote position. If your working hours are in a timezone outside of the US range, but you work 4+ hours of overlap each day our team might be able to consider your application.
Our hourly rate for this gig starts at $15-$20/hr, depending on experience, with opportunities for rate bumps on an annual review. This gig is about 20-30 hours per week of work.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us. Also, if you work enough hours, we will invite you to go an adventure to attend our annual team trip.
Join the Tribe
BEFORE APPLYING, please read this gig listing carefully. So many people seem to apply without actually reading it. Once you’ve read the listing in full, you’re ready to rock.
To apply for this job please visit tri.be.