Lead and manage the Health Plans department, overseeing payer contracting and credentialing functions
Vice President, Health Plans and Market Access – Remote US
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage the Health Plans department, overseeing payer contracting and credentialing functions
- Manage senior level development of key relationships at individual health plans
- Manage cross functional communication with senior staff regarding the opportunities and limitations imposed by the heavily regulated business environment
- Model, analyze and project core reimbursement strategies for new and existing products and contracts
- Work cross functionally within the organization to achieve corporate goals and drive success
- Actively participate with leadership in running the business effectively and profitably
- Carry out duties in compliance with established business policies
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) is required, (graduate degree is preferred)
- Degrees in Biology, Statistics or other related science related field are strongly preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements
- >15 Years of experience within a relevant industry (e.g. diagnostics, managed care, medical device, etc.).
- Demonstrated leadership excellence with field-based staff operating with minimal direct oversight in a complex legal environment, where regulatory compliance is strict
- Excellent presentation, training and coaching skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include active listening, coaching, advising, facilitating and problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels and in situations requiring persuasion and informed debate
- Deep knowledge of healthcare, marketing, managed care strategy, financial/contract analysis and the medical reimbursement environment
- Current understanding of federal & state contracting rules and an awareness of how to get expert help from external sources regarding the evolution of these systems
- An existing network within the private health insurance industry and a strong reputation for effective execution of collaborative agreements that drive business
- Skilled in dealing with diverse media representatives and venues
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, or a similar CRM, and other business programs
- Ability to model and live the corporate values
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.
To apply for this job please visit www.counsyl.com.