Website Auster -$60k - $80k+ p/y
UI/UX Designer must have extensive experience with Shopify and WordPress and understand the underlying principles that constitute effective web design and functionality.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to optimize our existing website (hosted on Shopify) and design/code out our digital lifestyle blog (on wordpress).
UI/UX Designer must have extensive experience with Shopify and WordPress and understand the underlying principles that constitute effective web design and functionality. The website has a lot of issues that need to be addressed primarily on selecting the right suite of shopify plugins, optimizing product pages, and overall inconsistencies with design.
Two main projects:
1) Optimize our existing website – www.auster.com
2) Design/Code out our digital lifestyle blog
The goal of the blog is to be the brand’s lifestyle digital publication and drive traffic to the main website – auster.com.
It will feature articles in vaping, music, design, arts, and other cultural elements. Various contributing writers will be constantly adding content to the blog therefore a robust CMS system with different levels of access for the various contributing writers is also required.
The blog’s aesthetic should be inviting, intuitive, and extremely functional. Given there will be a lot of media rich content, the blog should be able to seamlessly handle all forms of media (video, GIFs, images) on both mobile and desktop and present it in a visually engaging format that is not overwhelming. The blog should utilize a card based format wherein each post is on a color coded card.
References for the blog:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
Powered by Creative Market