Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends, evenings, and holidays
The Guest Experience department is part of Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI), a business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences. DCPI comprises two main lines of business: Disney Consumer Products (DCP), and Disney Interactive (DI). The combined segment is home to world class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
The Remote Support Representative (RSR) primary responsibility is to provide exceptional Disney experiences by turning each interaction over phone, email or live chat into a meaningful connection with our guests. Support includes resolving guest issues, assisting with game-play questions, and managing player accounts.
- Bring stories to life with scripted and non-scripted guest engagement statements
- Connect with guests by asking open-ended questions to assess their needs, make appropriate recommendations, and provide resolutions
- Escalate issues and/or opportunities as appropriate to supervisors or managers
- Contribute to a high energy, storytelling environment providing guests with an entertaining, fun, and dynamic experience
- Assist guests in finding solutions that best meet their needs while leveraging all available resources
- Consistently treat all guests and fellow employees with respect and contribute to a positive work environment
- Take a proactive role in maintaining Disney brand standards in Guest Experiences
- Assist Supervisors, Trainers and Managers with Guest Services projects as assigned
- Uphold all company policies as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Policy Manual, and Code of Business Conduct
- Demonstrates strong guest-focused engagement over the phone, email, and chat
- Previous guest service experience in customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of multiple web browsers to navigate websites
- Native mobile application and mobile web experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Ability to provide a reliable, latent internet connection with a minimum of 24 megabit download speeds
- Ability to provide a separate, quiet dedicated work space for the purpose of performing work duties
- Fluency in English
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Previous call centre experience
- Basic internet connection troubleshooting (router, modem, WiFi, etc.)
- Demonstrated success working as a member of a team
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
- Previous experience in a remote working arrangement
- Previous employment with The Walt Disney Company
- Strong knowledge of mobile apps and technology
High School Diploma or equivalent
This position is a part-time, remote position offering a minimum of twelve (12) hours and a maximum of twenty-nine (29) working hours per week on an inconsistent schedule. The position requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a separate, quiet dedicated work space for the purpose of performing work duties. This area must be maintained in a safe condition, free from all hazards. The position requires a structured work environment including pre-determined lunch and break times along with the need to work/stay in one place for the duration of a shift.
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Canada, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.