The Regional Sales Representative is responsible for driving profitable sales growth with existing accounts while developing new business to expand Novolex Custom Film & Bag’s customer base. This is a home based position selling to distributors and direct to end-users.
Novolex™ employs over 10,000 people across the globe. We strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex™ Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
Regional Sales Representative – Novolex Custom Film & Bag
The Regional Sales Representative is responsible for driving profitable sales growth with existing accounts while developing new business to expand Novolex Custom Film & Bag’s customer base. This is a home based position selling to distributors and direct to end-users. The position reports directly to the Southern Regional Sales Manager.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to maintain current business and generate new business for the company’s products and services
- Develops and builds accounts within the capabilities of the business assets
- Uses a wide variety of lead generation methods including cold calling, LinkedIn, referrals, etc. to target prospective customers
- Develops clear and effective written proposals and quotations for current and prospective customers
- Establishes ongoing relationships with distributor sales representatives within the territory
- Drives the resolution of customer problems and complaints
- Analyzes the territory’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the company
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 2 plus years in territory development and account management in the packaging industry
- Ability to work from a home office environment with minimal supervision
- Outstanding prospecting and closing skills is a must
- Technical and conceptual understanding of flexible films and film applications
- Working knowledge of film extrusion, bag making, converting, process printing
- Ability to travel 50% when needed
- Ability to attend quarterly sales meetings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer expertise in Microsoft Office, Experience with CRM and LinkedIn
- High level of drive and ambition for professional growth
- Willing and able to learn and execute a specific sales process and ongoing training
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 62 facilities around the globe, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 10,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, Heritage Bag®, Burrows Packaging, Sheilds and The Waddington Group.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex’s sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex™, visit our website at: www.novolex.com
Novolex does not publically post salary information on job boards.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-845-6051.
Novolex is an E-Verify Employer.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
#INDHP #CB #GD #MON #LI-JF1
To apply for this job please visit career8.successfactors.com.