Proofreads final narrative reports for accuracy, clarity and consistency
# of Positions: 2
Under the supervision of the Field Operations Manager or Follow-Up Manager, this position will complete the final review of Head Start monitoring review reports to ensure they are complete and accurate and submitted to the Office of Head Start (OHS) within OHS determined timeframes. This position will track assigned reports from the on-site through to signature by OHS. When requested, this position will support staff involved in the current monitoring process and review activities.
- Conducts analysis, editing, and final review of all reports as assigned throughout the monitoring process including, but not limited to; correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage, correct report template used, incorporating changes from OGC for deficient reports prior to delivery to OHS if applicable. Ensures data in report correctly reflects HSES data.
- Proofreads final narrative reports for accuracy, clarity, and consistency with OHS monitoring report guidance and expectations, and submits them to their respective manager for approval; make changes as requested by OHS.
- Establishes and maintains a report tracking system that supports the status of the monitoring review schedule. Tracking reports are to be updated weekly and provided to the manager and other management staff as requested.
- Assists in developing, maintaining, and implementing report templates and ensure correct template are applied for each review outcome as needed.
- Regularly communicates with the Field Operations Manager or Follow-Up Manager on changes made to reports.
- Communicates with Central OHS Quality Assurance Division (QAD) staff, Regional Office staff, DLH Danya staff and other stakeholders as directed by the manager.
- Provides regular review status reports and other ad hoc reports to Field Operations Managers, Follow-Up Manager or key stakeholders.
- Supports Field Operations Manager or Follow-Up Manager as requested to ensure timely contract deliverables.
- Assists regional OHS staff and other stakeholders as directed by the manager.
- Ensures all report data and formats are correct, including but not limited to contact names, grantee address information, grantee identification, enrollment, PS/GS, and other pertinent information.
- Identifies discrepancies in evidence and data collection of monitoring activities and return to Field Operations Manager or Follow-Up Manager to reconcile.
- Confirms all evidence contained in the final report narratives are documented in the evidence binder and reports.
- Collaborates and works in partnership with the manager, Fiscal Specialist, and other cohort/team members.
- Attend appropriate training as requested.
- Suggests processes improvements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a Head Start and/or Early Head Start program required.
- Extensive knowledge of the revised Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS) and other regulations required.
- 2-4 years related experience in presentation, writing, editing, and proofreading.
- 2-4 years of experience in reviewing, analyzing, and tracking data and information.
- Ability to travel 20-30%.
Job LocationVirtual/Remote, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
To apply for this job please visit dlh-openhire.silkroad.com.