Get hooked up with a laptop to do your best work + $500 to set up your home office.
Buffer is an equal opportunity employer. We’re united by Buffer’s values, and we celebrate our unique differences. As a remote team, we’re lucky to be have the chance to add teammates from anywhere in the world!
We value creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and are actively working on building a culture where underrepresented groups can flourish. People from non-traditional backgrounds are especially invited to apply!
More about Buffer Core
Buffer has recently grown into a bundle of three products. These consist of Buffer Publish (our original and main offering with $1.5m in MRR), Buffer Reply (our social engagement solution with $37k in MRR) and Buffer Analyze (our newest product with $3k in MRR). Buffer has a total of almost 80,000 paying customers across these products and currently the offerings are not well integrated.
Buffer Core is our product and engineering team that is focused on building out shared user experiences across our current and future products. The big projects are the following: enabling a single sign on experience, shared billing, and making it possible for customers to start with any product and easily expand to other products.
Buffer Core is a foundational team serving our current and future product teams. The long term vision for the team is building and maintaining toolkits to enable experimentation in areas like onboarding and pricing for current products, and making it possible for new products to get off the ground quickly. There are two types of customer for Core: Buffer’s customers, and each of our product teams as a customer.
More about the role
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to take an important role in a central piece of the Buffer multi-product bundle. Key to this role is being someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and working with a small team, alongside an ability to communicate effectively with many stakeholders to take input, keep people informed and push forward with decisions. Part of this role includes building out APIs for other teams to craft experiences around, so prior technical experience is valuable.
In this role you will report to the Chief Customer Officer who oversees Product Operations. Day to day you’ll work with Engineers, an Engineering Manager and Product Designer. You’ll also work closely with the CEO, Head of Design, our Customer Research Lead and our Data team.
What you’ll do
- Help small businesses thrive and grow using social media, through building the shared user experiences across our products and tools for other product teams
- Formulate and articulate the product vision for Buffer Core and make sure it is aligned with the overall company direction
- Successfully make tough prioritization decisions, balancing the need to hit a high quality bar with product advancements that range from small expansions to new innovation
- Perform a wide range of tasks depending on what’s needed to make the product and team successful: this could mean doing some QA, reproducing a bug, customer interviews, or querying data
- Work effectively with many stakeholders in the company, to take input and keep people informed
- Work with a Product Designer to craft intuitive user experiences for account settings, onboarding and billing
- Reach a high bar for quality and reliability, ensuring that customers build a level of “it just works” trust with Buffer’s Core product functionality
- Build flexible and clear APIs for other teams to work with for login, onboarding, billing and security settings.
- Be the voice of the customer and keep the rest of the team focused on surfacing and solving customer problems
Love this job but not sure if it's right for you?
Powered by Creative Market
We've been successfully helping job seekers since 2003 and we can help you too.
Do you find it frustrating to find a legitimate good-paying work-from-home job?
Do you want to start working from home but you’re not sure how to get started?
Are you stuck in a rut and having a difficult time getting organized?
Do you find it overwhelming to create a resume?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then our proven methods to help anyone work from home or travel and work remotely is right for you.
Are you ready to end the frustration?
Helpful skills and experience
- Strong UX and design skills and familiarity with design tools, e.g. Sketch or FigmaStrong technical understanding, as well as knowledge and experience of lean product development methodologies
- A track record of working collaboratively with engineers to help prioritize technical trade-offs
- Ability to read external API specifications and understand what is technically feasible
- Excellent written and communication skills, especially being able to break down customer problems or product specifications into simple and clear documentation
- Ability to query, interpret, and dig into data using a tool such as Looker, to form strong data-informed decisions. Basic SQL experience is useful but not required.
- Knowledge of key SaaS metrics definitions such as MRR, Churn, LTV, CAC, ARPU
- Experience with, or a desire to learn, customer and UX research interviews
- Finding fulfillment in working on products and interfaces that handle a lot of scale
- Experience with growth tactics (e.g. a/b testing) and statistics concepts (e.g. statistical significance)
- Stakeholder management skills — you have a track record of successfully taking in a lot of input and conflicting requests while still moving forward at a fast pace
- An appreciation for accessibility, inclusivity, and empathy in product design and development
- Finding fulfillment in starting a new project from scratch as well as seeing something through to completion
- Experience with building SaaS self-serve onboarding and/or billing flows useful but not required
- A long-term mindset. The Buffer Core services and infrastructure are a foundational glue between products and serves core user experiences related to critical user flows such as signup and billing. We will be successful in this area by building for the future, while still pushing ahead on a weekly basis.
What We Value
Clear communication, transparency, open-mindedness, empathy and patience are just a few of Buffer’s cultural values. We are looking for a person who understands this culture and will thrive within a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness. Here’s a guide on how we strive to communicate with customers.
Working at Buffer is collaborative and positive thanks to our core values. We try to be “No Ego Doers” who are aware of our assumptions, and joining us means you’ll work together with the team in order to test and confirm our ideas. In our career framework, we choose to focus on the journey, the growth and evolution that is a career.
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you’re excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits.
💻 Technology: Get hooked up with a laptop to do your best work + $500 to set up your home office.
🎼 Learning & development stipend: We offer a small stipend for any course or training they’d like to do + conference stipends!
🤒 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US based.
💰 Salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is $97,000 to $129,000 USD per year.
🏝 Work remotely: Live and work from wherever you feel happiest.
📈 Stock options: Joining the Buffer journey means you can choose to own part of the company.
⛺️ Unlimited time off: We encourage you to take three weeks off per year at the very least!
✈️ Retreats: Join us on annual international company retreats! Our most recent retreat was in Singapore.
📚 Free books (and a Kindle Paperwhite): All you can read, no questions asked.
🍼 Family Leave: If your family grows during your time at Buffer, we recommend taking 3 months of family leave, regardless of when you joined.
Where You’ll Work
Buffer is a fully distributed team, which means that we’re spread across the planet. We have Bufferoos in 15 countries, 11 timezones and 42 cities around the world to build a great culture and product. You’ll work where you’re happiest and most productive, in the place that helps you to become the person you wish to be.
Here’s our tentative transparent hiring timeline:
Oct 24 – Nov 19: Apply to join the team!
Nov 19 – 26 : We’ll spend time reviewing applications
Nov 26 – Dec 21: Follow-up interviews with the team
To apply for this job please visit journey.buffer.com.