This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave.
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of networks includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
- Researches, writes, and edits posts related to topical coverage of team.
- Assigns posts to contributors; manages and optimizes budget; manages scheduling and distribution; guides and gives feedback to freelancers.
- Seeks out and guides a diverse group of talented freelancers
- Attend regular meetings to discuss and refine strategy, programming, and tactics in pursuit of our audience goals.
- Implements content strategies as described by league manager and flagship editorial team.
- Builds audience through on-platform posts and via social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
- Monitors and makes editorial decisions using analytical tools such as Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Google Analytics, and SEO principles. Uses all these tools to help define best practices for coverage.
- Appears on external outlets and at marketing events to promote SB Nation team sites.
- Researches and develops a rolodex of team sources.
- Collaborates with GM, league manager, director and flagship sport editor to generate editorial ideas and sponsorship opportunities, locally and nationally.
- Work with Executive Producers of video and podcast operations to build the best-in-class operations.
- Execute sponsored posts, on and off platform.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.