Powered by Creative Market
As Outreach Specialist, you will make outbound calls to, and receiving inbound calls from, targeted health plan members. Your key goal will be to generate interest in OnTrak, a 52-week whole-health program designed to help members better manage their health and wellbeing.
Imagine a Job That Lets You Earn Good Money for Making a Difference in People’s Lives . . .
. . . And Imagine Doing It in the Comfort and Convenience of Your Home Office
If you combine a passion for helping others with persuasive interpersonal skills, this may be the most challenging and rewarding job you’ll ever love:
- You will help a care-avoidant population see the value of joining an innovative program that is very successful in helping members improve the quality of their lives.
- Rather than taking a “hard-sell” approach, you’ll educate and motivate people to enroll.
- In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have unlimited earning potential through incentives.
- We’ll provide paid professional training, a company laptop, a stipend to offset Internet costs, excellent benefits and more.
- You’ll feel good about representing a program that puts members first and focuses on outcomes, spending a year with each member to help them learn new behaviors.
While we are still young as a company, our successful approach has earned us contracts with major health plans, including Aetna and Humana, and enabled us to increase membership more than fivefold. We’re combining that momentum with a proactive approach to growth, such as becoming listed on NASDAQ (CATS) and launching a new digital marketing team. That growth will create opportunities for strong performers. We have multiple opportunities for Outreach Specialists across the country, so feel free to share this information on your network.
Catasys is a leading provider of proprietary big-data based analytics and predictive modeling driven health management services for health plans. We lead the health care industry in improving health and reducing claims costs for health plan members with behavioral health (BH) disorders that cause or exacerbate co-existing medical conditions.
OnTrak, Catasys’ 52-week intensive outpatient program, treats an overlooked population: members suffering from chronic disorders such as substance use disorder, anxiety and depression, who rarely seek care. Our program starts with our belief that mental health coexists with physical health and incorporates provider coordination, a whole-person-health treatment philosophy, member skill building and long-term reinforcement. OnTrak delivers results, improving member health and reducing total paid claims by 50%. Program retention is 80%, four times the average behavioral Making first contact
As Outreach Specialist, you will make outbound calls to, and receiving inbound calls from, targeted health plan members. Your key goal will be to generate interest in OnTrak, a 52-week whole-health program designed to help members better manage their health and wellbeing. In most cases you will be a prospective member’s first contact from Catasys, and you’ll pave the way to facilitate enrollment by the Care Coach team.
Success will require a softer touch — an overly pushy approach will backfire. The emphasis will be on educating people about the program and the benefits it offers. The program is covered by the prospective member’s insurance, so you’ll never need to ask for money. It may take many calls to a prospect to get them to make the first step, and you’ll continue to reach out until they say “yes” or ask us to stop.
At the same time, you’ll have goals, so you’ll need to be gently persuasive and persistent. On the initial call your challenge will be to establish rapport in short order with someone who wasn’t expecting the call. Then you’ll build on that rapport on every call with a prospect, and each call should move the process forward.
More specifically, you will:
- Make outbound calls to identified members regarding the OnTrak program.
- Engage targeted members in a discussion about their health, and effectively present how the program may benefit the member.
- Educate the member on all three tiers of the OnTrak program: care coaching, counseling and medical treatment.
- Ensure the member understands the value of the program, leveraging your ability to recognize and overcome objections to program enrollment.
- Accurately document and update records in required systems.
- Work collaboratively with Care Coaches through use of instant messaging, email and telephone calls.
- Receive inbound calls and route appropriately.
- Utilize internal systems to view and complete assigned tasks.
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
- Deliver world class customer service skills and demonstrate an overwhelming desire to make lives better, one interaction at a time.
We’ll provide two weeks of strong training as well as ongoing coaching as necessary — we want to see you succeed! You’ll expand your interpersonal/persuasive skills as well as your knowledge of healthcare. In order to keep pace with Catasys’ overall strong growth, we’re doubling the size of the Outreach team, and that growth will create opportunities for proven players. We are committed to promoting from within whenever possible, and overall we have a high employee retention rate.
The new face of mental health
Our whole-health approach is tailored to teach each member new behaviors and enable them to make better choices that improve the wellbeing of their minds and bodies. Our model is research-based and we are invested in staying on the leading edge of current thinking and best practices. You’ll support our efforts to break down barriers and stigmas associated with mental health.
Creative thinkers welcome
In fact, you’ll need to be creative, as you get to know each prospective member, in order to tailor your message to maximize impact. At Catasys, management listens — there aren’t layers and layers of bureaucracy between you and decision makers, and our leaders value transparency.
The OnTrak program improves health and quality of life for members; for example, members become more proactive with their care, as evidence by increased medication compliance. In addition, the program represents an estimated $20 million in potential annual savings for every one million health plan members, through reduced facility costs (lower emergency department and inpatient utilization) and reduced professional costs (e.g. doctor fees).
In addition to a competitive salary, you will earn incentive pay for each member enrolled — and there is no cap. Our top-performing Outreach Specialists earn over $2000 in bonuses each month. We also offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid holiday and sick time and more.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. In addition, to be a good fit for the Outreach Specialist opportunity, you will have:
- 1+ years of experience in EITHER (ideal candidates will have BOTH):
- A consumer sales environment, preferably in some type of telesales.
- Healthcare outreach and/or member support.
- A demonstrated ability to establish trust quickly, overcome objections and be persuasive over the phone.
Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong
- listening/comprehension abilities.
- Great telephone presence, including the ability to:
- Engage and motivate using patience and a conversational approach.
- Convey a confidence and a positive attitude.
- The ability to:
- Adapt to a regularly changing environment.
- Navigate and multi-task in several computer applications while holding a conversation.
- Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- A quiet, private, distraction-free home office work environment.
- A reliable high-speed Internet connection (cable, DSL or fiber) with speeds of at least 10Mbps download and 5Mbps upload.
- Willingness to do constant sedentary work.
- Discipline to work from home while following a set schedule.
- Successful completion of an initial training, pre-employment assessment and pre-employment background check.
Preferred but not required:
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish.
- A background in healthcare/wellness.
- Certification or licensure in a healthcare field.
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree.
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background check.
Improving Health and Reducing Claims Costs
Catasys was launched in 2008 to serve health plan members suffering from untreated behavioral health (BH) disorders. Since then, the company has contracted with leading national, regional and local health insurance companies to treat many of their most challenging members. Catasys has dramatically improved the health and quality of life for members suffering from co-occurring behavioral and medical health conditions, thus reducing claims costs for health plans by millions of dollars. Catasys now operates OnTrak in Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Wisconsin. The company continues to expand into additional states at the request of its health plan customers.
OnTrak offers specialized programs for anxiety, depression and substance use disorders. Programs include medical visits with a physician, psychosocial therapy for skill-building and 52-weeks of care coaching by a nurse. Catasys currently provides OnTrak to commercial, Medicare, and dual eligible health plans located across the country.
Catasys’ OnTrak program targets a specific but large population that is at high risk of slipping through the cracks and incurring significant but preventable costs to health plans. When patients with co-morbid or chronic illnesses also suffer from substance abuse or behavioral issues, they become more likely to use the health system in very inefficient ways. For example, mental health or substance abuse disorders were ranked 4 of top 10 reasons leading to higher 30-day readmission rates for Medicaid patients. In addition, while 1 in 5 U.S. adults experiences a behavioral health disorder in a given year, less than half seek treatment, even when diagnosed. OnTrak seeks out members of this population, engages them in treatment, and helps motivate them to stay focused and proactive about their own health.
The Catasys team comprises doctors, nurses and business professionals with extensive experience in BH and a passion for alleviating the suffering of individuals with coexisting behavioral and medical conditions. As thought leaders in health care, our staff has published books, papers and studies relating to BH and predictive modeling. Catasys is known for translating proven science into practice quickly, integrating it into its proprietary methodology in understanding and engaging members who need treatment. Catasys, Inc. stock is traded under the symbol CATS.