Provides data and analysis to support the execution and reporting on Total Medical Cost savings initiatives.
Provides data and analysis to support the execution and reporting on Total Medical Cost savings initiatives. Partner with National Contracting and other business partners to drive achievement of the TMC plan tied to assigned initiatives.
- Analysis and interpretation of financial information: produce accurate, timely, value-added analyses on medical claims and membership in support of national contracting initiatives.
- Provide analysis on proposed rates and utilization targets; influence negotiation process to ensure targets are met / exceeded.
- Partner with both internal and external business partners to understand financial levers, contract/program performance, & potential areas for improvement for our national vendor and ancillary contracts / programs.
- Utilize independent judgment and discretion, identify trends, variances, and key issues and provide recommendations for adjustments as appropriate.
- Production and distribution of quarterly dashboards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Partner with vendors to work through reconciliations or other analysis projects.
- Participates in JOC meetings.
- Stewardship of existing Excel-based savings projection models and reporting tools, ability to leverage and develop new models and reporting tools as needed.
- Monitor progress toward internal targets that are set to mitigate medical cost trend.
- Effectively communicate analytics and results to various matrix partners.
- Provides guidance to junior analyst as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of financial analysis or related experience strongly preferred
- Strong Analytical & Communication skills.
- Ability to identify risk in contract language.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) procedure as a data retrieval tool. Specifically, the ability to write programs to perform queries on data and retrieve data from multiple tables/sources with SAS and SQL.
- Familiar with Tableau Reporting.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently while also fully leveraging matrix relationships.
- Familiarity with concepts in provider contracts & contract modeling or the ability to quickly learn.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com
: Bus Ops–Operations Mgmt (Bus)
: Day Job
: Individual Contributor
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
To apply for this job please visit cigna.taleo.net.