XL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 7 million students worldwide, is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented content editor with professional editing experience and demonstrated expertise in K-12 math to join our content team.In this role, you will work closely with curriculum designers to ensure our K-12 math items are well-written, grammatically correct, and grade appropriate.
This is a remote, part-time contract position.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Ensure the overall quality and consistency of writing in our math content
- Review content for grade-level appropriateness
- Copy edit to improve formatting and style
- Correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Professional editing experience
- BA/BS degree
- Demonstrated expertise in math content development with an editorial focus
- Impeccable knowledge of English grammar
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Familiarity working with The Chicago Manual of Style
- Understanding of K-12 students’ reading and knowledge levels
- Strong communication skills, especially via email
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to influence and improve the work of others
- Proficiency in Google Drive and web applications
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Your resume
- A cover letter under 600 words, so that we can get to you know you better
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.
Not quite ready to apply? Get the skills you need to excel. Become a professional proofreader and work from anywhere.