Vox Media employees are smart, passionate, hard-working, and accomplished professionals who also strive for a healthy work/life fit.
Welcome to Vox Media! We’re thrilled you’re considering working with us. You’ll be joining a friendly, fun, fast-paced, innovative, and inspiring community. Our team members come to Vox Media via diverse paths — we have backgrounds in painting, journalism, economics, English literature, sports marketing, advertising, photography, grassroots politics, blogging, soccer, and sketch comedy, just to name a few — and that’s on top of our design, software engineering, sales, video, and writing experience. What unites us is a shared passion for inquiry and excellence in our respective endeavors.
We believe that creating a healthy and inclusive work environment is the first step in building a sustainable and successful company. We value our employees and seek to nurture their professional careers and personal well-being through a robust suite of benefits.
This person will be responsible for managing the daily operations of a large website with a loyal following of readers, and ideally is an obsessive, life-long Astros fan.
The perfect candidate can express her or his thoughts about the team and the sport in a consistently engaging way. Hopefully you’re as big of a nerd about the internet, social media, and sports journalism as you are about the Astros. You should have experience managing people, the ability to delegate, and an insatiable desire to discover and produce work that Astros fans love.
You don’t need to live in the Houston area, but it wouldn’t hurt. This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred.
- Write, edit and ensure regular publication of quality Astros writing.
- Manage a diverse team of writers.
- Operate the Crawfish Boxes Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media channels.
- Communicate regularly with SB Nation management about site goals, traffic analysis, and progress.
- Shape the editorial direction of Crawfish Boxes.
- Respect the tone, work, personalities and community that have made Crawfish Boxes the best Astros blog on the Internet.
- Obsessive knowledge of and passion for the Houston Astros, MLB, and baseball.
- You’re a great writer, communicator and manager.
- You’re experienced with web publishing tools (or you’re a quick learner).
- You take pride in what you do.
tl;dr: if you’re a passionate Astros fan who wants to help us continue to grow Crawfish Boxes into the destination for all Astros fans on the internet, we want to hear from you.