This individual will originate CRE loans for Genworth’s $6B+ loan portfolio and help position the portfolio for future expansion.
Based in Southern California, the Loan Originator is a member of the Commercial Real Estate Investment team reporting directly to the firm’s Head of Commercial Real Estate (CRE). This individual will originate CRE loans for Genworth’s $6B+ loan portfolio and help position the portfolio for future expansion.
- Source CRE loans that are in accordance with Genworth’s origination guidelines and risk parameters through relationships with Genworth’s network of mortgage bankers
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with an extensive network of mortgage bankers and borrowers
- Size, underwrite, negotiate, structure, and price CRE loans
- Prepare and present investment packages for internal credit approval
- Develop key metrics, reporting and presentations for sector reviews and other Investment team’s business needs
- Participate on CRE team and various Investment Department cross-functional projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in commercial real estate originations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to function independently, multi-task, and source multiple deals in a timely and efficient manner
- Travel required
- Advanced degree
- Experience at a bank or insurance company
Genworth is a Fortune 500 financial services company providing financial security and protection through our Mortgage Insurance and Long Term Care Insurance businesses. Our purpose is to help families achieve the dream of homeownership and address the financial challenges of aging. At Genworth, our promise to our employees is the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers, our communities, and one another.
Led by our Chief Investment Officer, the Investment Department manages a consolidated investment portfolio of nearly $75 billion and consists of investment professionals focused on portfolio management, risk management, asset management, derivatives, operations, finance and accounting.
To apply for this job please visit gnw.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.