Union Home Mortgage
The Loan Officer Assistant Team Leader (LOA Team Leader) will assist our LOA partners in in the day-to-day management of their job functions and provide assistance in achieving quality and productivity metrics.
The Loan Officer Assistant Team Leader (LOA Team Leader) will assist our LOA partners in in the day-to-day management of their job functions and provide assistance in achieving quality and productivity metrics. The LOA Team Leader will serve as subject matter expert and mentor a team of assigned LOAs by providing feedback to aid in the development of new skills and refinement of existing skills.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to a team of LOAs by providing feedback to aid in the development of new skills and refinement of existing skills while keeping Loan Officer and Sales Management informed of progress
- Conduct post-transition training for all incoming LOAs
- Acts as the point of contact for inquiries and guide the LOAs on their daily functions.
- Manage a pipeline of loans handled by the assigned LOA team and ensure quality and productivity metrics are met
- Review and audit a sample of files prior to submission to Underwriting and reporting back findings weekly to Loan Officer.
- Work with Loan Officers and Field Sales Managers to resolve any loan issues
Education & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in a sales/financial environment
- Minimum of 3 years of management/supervisory experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Positive attitude with lots of energy and self-motivation
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work with various work backgrounds and experience levels
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships across departments
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage large volume of tasks while providing excellent customer service
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive or confidential matter
- Ability to identify and resolve client issues and use good judgment in making immediate decisions