Individuals who can transcribe Spanish audio content of criminal investigations, internal affairs, and various law enforcement audios.
TITLE Law Enforcement – Spanish/English Transcriber
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
CATEGORY Law Enforcement
DESCRIPTION Individuals who can transcribe Spanish audio content of criminal investigations, internal affairs, and various law enforcement audios. You must be fluent in English and Spanish and be able to type both languages. You must have prior English and Spanish transcription experience. No translation is involved. The most successful candidates will have experience transcribing for a law enforcement agency (police department, sheriff’s department, etc.), court reporting experience, or similar.
You must be able to type 70+ WPM, have excellent grammar, outstanding accuracy and proofreading skills, have experience with MS Word, and must demonstrate strong computer literacy.
A full criminal background check is required for individuals completing this work.
There is an initial assessment period before any individual is able to complete client work. Therefore, it is essential that you have prior Law Enforcement transcription experience and be able to proof your work to be at least 98% accurate.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS • you must be a US Citizen currently residing in the United States
• you must have 2 or more years experience transcribing Spanish and English audio
• you must type 70 words per minute on a keyboard or 150 words per minute on a steno
• you must have excellent grammar and proof reading skills
• you must be fluent in and able to transcribe in Spanish
• you must be fluent in and able to transcribe in English
• you must be able to type and then proof your documents to 98% accuracy
• you must have a PC with Internet that can run a transcription software package of your choosing
• you must have and be proficient with MS Word
• you must be able to open Excel documents (proficiency not needed)
• you must be able to proficiently use Search Engines, a Web browser and email
• You must use good quality headphones (preferably noise canceling), and a foot pedal for audio play back
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Independent Contractor
TAGS police transcription, steno, court reporting, Spanish, Law Enforcement, Transcriber, stenography, contractor, work from home, bilingual
POSITION Law Enforcement – Spanish
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Net Transcripts specializes in the verbatim transcription of multi-speaker recordings involving two or more persons. The recordings we transcribe include interviews, interrogations, witness statements, phone conversations, administrative hearings and more. These recordings are often confidential or sensitive in nature and need to be returned reliably and accurately. If you value innovation, hard work and fun as much as we do, we invite you to join our team!