Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum’s financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum’s three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
Powered by Creative Market
Unum Group seeks a Workday HRIS Consultant! This role is responsible for leading and driving technology initiatives and projects that span multiple HR disciplines. Responsibilities include: identifying how to leverage HR systems and/or application functionality more effectively on a global basis, proactively recommending and driving process improvements and innovative solutions to add value to the business and defining and configuring systems changes in support of business strategy and process. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following:
• Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, including data analysis.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with both technical and functional end users.
• Demonstrated ability to drive efforts to standardize, optimize and simplify processes and technical solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships, to solve problems, to build partnerships and remove barriers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying and designing how to leverage HR systems and/or application functionality more effectively on a global basis.
- Proactively recommending and driving process improvements and innovative solutions to add value to the business.
- Defining and configuring systems changes in support of business strategy and process.
- Partner with HR Functional areas, HR Business Partners, business leaders, and cross-functional teams to understand business strategy and processes and how information delivery can change, support, or automate those processes.
- Manage projects that require multiple resources, dependencies, and ensuring objectives are delivered on time and under budget.
- Leads and drives HR technology initiatives that span multiple HR disciplines.
- Consults with HR Process Owners on Workday (or other technology) capabilities, product roadmap and how Unum can best leverage functionality to support business goals and objectives.
- Configures HR information systems across multiple HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting, absence management, learning, time entry, benefits, talent management etc. in support of business strategy and process.
- Proactively identifies process and/or configuration gaps. Recommends, influences, drives and implements opportunities to improve the employee, candidate, manager and HR experience. Drives end user adoption.
- Influences Workday product direction through active membership and contribution to Workday’s Community. Develops and builds relationships with Workday customers, Workday product managers and other influencers at Workday. Represents Unum at Workday events, conferences and user groups.
- Trains human resource professionals, managers and employees on critical technology functionality.
- Manage technical vendor relationships related to implementation projects and/or ongoing support. Negotiate with, influence and drive vendors to support Unum and project delivery.
- Documents business process, job aids, training materials and test plans.
- Supports the Workday release process to ensure planning and managing of the continuous delivery of system updates, including updates to supporting material SOPs, Job Aids and other relevant documentation.
- Establishes and develops relationships with partners throughout the enterprise to ensure optimal cross functional system optimization and process design including Information Technology, Finance and Procurement.
- Oversee support for Tier 3 complex technical inquiries from HR or the business, meeting SLA’s for response time, quality, etc.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to more junior resources on the team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Human Resources or a related field) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7+ years of HRIS and business analysis experience.
- Experience configuring a large global HRIS platform required. Extensive Workday Configuration and User Support experience in the Workday application strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Workday module integration and downstream, cross-functional impacts.
- Demonstrated project management skills for small-medium sized projects and the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- Functional knowledge in key HR competencies including, compensation, performance management, recruiting, benefits, payroll etc.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills; ability to thrive in a team environment as a change agent and the ability to work independently is required.
- Must be comfortable working with a variety of employees ranging from employee to senior executive level.
- Must have proven track record of successfully proposing, documenting and implementing improvements to systems and processes in a global environment.
- Computer skills: Workday, Taleo, strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project and Internet Explorer.
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit unum.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.