Atlantic Coast Merchandising
As an HR Associate for ACM, you will perform activities in human resources for onboarding new hires as well as source candidates for our retail merchandising positions through social media posts and job boards.
Working at Atlantic Coast Merchandising is much like running your own small business. There may be long days and incredible challenges. You will need to bring your hustle and passion for everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. But the reward? Being part of an open-minded, collaborative team while enjoying your life of flexibility and balance from your own home.
What we are looking for…
As an HR Associate for ACM, you will perform activities in human resources for onboarding new hires as well as source candidates for our retail merchandising positions through social media posts and job boards. Are you a recent college grad (or soon-to-be anyway!) with strong social media and networking skills? Do you understand how social media algorithms work? Can you work independently and in a team setting? Then keep reading because this position may be for you!
You will respond to and engage with candidates on social media and third-party job boards to pre-qualify and schedule interviews for our recruiting team. You will provide onboarding support for the HR team to quickly and thoroughly get new hires ready to work. You will assist in gathering analytical and recruiting reports on a regular basis to determine effectiveness. This is a crucial role as the key point of contact to build candidate relationships during the recruiting and onboarding process which will have a tremendous impact on our continued success.
To land this gig, you need to definitely have some social networking experience helping others solve problems (and enjoy doing it!), but it doesn’t need to be traditional HR work experience. Internships, volunteer work, and side projects count as experience too. Just make sure we can see where and how you developed your people superpowers!
Please note, this is an entry-level HR position with 1-5 years experience. We are not looking for an HR manager with a lifetime of knowledge. If you have over 5 years in the industry, this is not the position for you.
Our company is unique. We don’t expect you to already know how we do things at ACM. We simply expect you have the skill set to learn and have a college degree with minimal HR experience.
It may sound like a dream job to work from home (or anywhere that has wi-fi)! However, the job also demands results. The fast-pace and constant change is not for everyone. We don’t want to scare you away, so if you are still intrigued, please read on and apply! But if not, then being transparent saves you and us time, which is not something that anyone has a lot of to spare!
Your typical day might include the following:
- Screen and schedule interviews for potential merchandisers on Facebook.
- Onboard new merchandisers and accurately maintain online files in ATS.
- Effectively communicate company policy and procedure on Fraudulent Behavior.
- Obtain new hire data report from HR system for management.
- Interact with and supply information to job applicants on ZipRecruiter.
- Post jobs on Facebook and share posts to related job groups.
- Respond to employee comment on Facebook.
- Answer questions from candidates about ACM on Glassdoor.
- Call new hire to walk her through completing onboard tasks online.
- Email new hire with instructions for uploading documents to the portal.
- Chat with ACM management team about new video interviewing feature.
- Brainstorm with HR team to come up with ideas to improve onboarding for new hires.
This job might be for you if:
You enjoy solving problems. In the face of obstacles, you are persistent. You power through when the odds are against you and it would be easy to give up. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
You like helping people. You are patient and cool under pressure. Teaching someone something new is what makes you tick.
You pay attention to details. You believe if it is worth doing, then it is worth doing right. You are focused and nothing slips by you on your watch.
You think on your feet. You love learning new things, and you can learn quickly. Change doesn’t scare you; it empowers you.
You are motivated and driven, always seeking to improve and grow. You don’t wait to be asked; you take ownership of your time.
You own up to your mistakes. Integrity permeates every aspect of what you do. It means doing the right things, at all times, even if no one is watching.
You are a true partner. You know great teams are better than all-star players. You are willing to go the extra mile for the team.
You communicate clearly. You are an articulate speaker. You write well. You can explain anything to just about anyone. You are comfortable communicating by email, text, social media and phone.
You love connecting with new people and networking and can demonstrate experience attracting interest through social media.
What you will need to succeed
- 1+ year(s) of experience/education in Human Resources, preferably in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong ability in using MS Office & Google (MS Excel & Google Sheets, in particular)
- In-depth understanding of sourcing tools, like resume databases and online communities
- Familiarity with social media networking and recruiting, and how social media algorithms work
Great to Haves
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws, human resources processes, and best practices
- Experience in administrative duties with high data integrity in Payroll & HRIS systems (e.g. Paychex Flex)
- Experience in onboarding new hires
- Experience working with a remote team across time-zones.
At ACM, we understand our client’s success is our success. Whether it’s getting a new product on the shelf or redesigning a display, our goal is to get the product out on the floor to maximum exposure to consumer traffic. Working at ACM, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail merchandising. What are you waiting for?