Assist Corporate Counsel with preparing for transactional closings, depositions, hearings, trials and conferences; completing many administrative tasks, including, working on individual cases or transactions
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers – to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. Check out all of our job postings here https://jobs.lever.co/kraken.
Legal Assistant Job Duties
- Assist Corporate Counsel with preparing for transactional closings, depositions, hearings, trials and conferences; completing many administrative tasks, including, working on individual cases or transactions
- Obtain due diligence materials, such as corporate certificates of good standing, real estate and title information and securities filings
- Capable of organizing and prioritizing a large number of competing assignments to meet deadlines and corporate needs.
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Familiarity with contract documents and terms, with an ability to draft, review, revise and red-line terms
- Preparation of meeting materials, i.e. PowerPoint Presentations, scheduling conference calls and web-based meetings.
- Act as the first responder for contract inquiries to ensure accuracy between the team’s records and internal records
- Versatility, flexibility, ability and willingness to work within an organization with constantly changing priorities and deadlines with enthusiasm.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- 5+ years experience as a Legal Assistant
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong sense of urgency and ability get things done on time
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.