Website Auster - $50k - $60k+ p/y
Write blog posts and proofread, re-structure and edit articles by content writers
Editor for Auster’s Lifestyle Blog
We exist to empower discovery, personal taste, and a better experience and understanding of the intersectional culture in which vaping resides. Every race. Every gender. Every type. Everyone belongs here. We aren’t mere middle men of corporate profiteers. We are vapers ourselves, culture obsessed ambassadors who hand select with love only the products and partners we believe in. Auster is movement. Auster is Philosophy. A way of live
Works In Progress (WIP) by Auster is a digital lifestyle publication for a brave new world redefined by art and commerce.
WIP believes in collaboration above all, and spotlights x celebrates an ever-evolving collective of bold artists from music, film, fine arts, literature,theatre, performance, and anybody with a unique flavor and story.
In a consumerist society, WIP represents an ethical movement of free thinkers and makers who value community x connections vs mere transactions and profiteering.
The blog’s main topics will be vape culture, music, art, design, and fashion.
You will need to have extensive experience in building out a documented system wherein content is strategically schduled and assigned to the relevant vertical along the blog’s principles / style
We are looking for a Content Editor to oversee our company’s daily publishing operations. Initially you will need research, write, proofread and publish online content to AUSTER’s blog and simultaneously find a skilled team of freelancer writers / content creators to document the culture across each vertical. Content Editor responsibilities include producing the monthly newsletter,
fact-checking writers’ articles and optimizing written pieces to increase user engagement. The ideal blog editor is someone who is extremely web-savvy and detail-oriented, has a strong passion for and extensive knowledge of current events and online media, and a solid work ethic.. Please share samples of your work by including either a portfolio or links to your published articles along with your application. Ultimately, you will produce engaging quality content that speaks to our audience and boosts engagement with our brand.
- Write blog posts and marketing copy to promote our products and services in an extremely native way
- Proofread, re-structure and edit articles by content writers
- Update our website and social media pages with new content
- Craft and send our monthly newsletter
- Interview industry professionals and use online sources to research topics
- Improve illustration in collaboration with marketing and design teams
- Optimize published pieces using SEO guidelines
- Manage the editorial calendar and ensure timely publication
- Generate new ideas around industry-related topics
- Monitor web traffic and user engagement (e.g. bounce rates)
- Plan and manage all daily operations
- Hire, coach and supervise personnel
- Collaborate with editor in chief to determine issues’ content and topics
- Coordinate editorial publications and meetings
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines (for writers, photographers, designers etc.)
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- Resolve issues as they arise
- Attend events on behalf of the company or editor in chief
- Proven work experience as a Content Editor, Web Editor or similar role
- Portfolio of published work
- Attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research
- Team spirit
- BSc in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Proven experience as managing editor or relevant role
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of online platforms like WordPress and SEO concepts
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
To apply for this job please visit auster.workable.com.