We’re looking to add a full-time editor to our core team. This position is 100% remote. All you need is an internet connection and a quiet place to work.
- An outstanding editor: You’re passionate about good writing. You bring a mastery of grammar, spelling, and style guides. You could teach English 101 at a top university. But that’s not all. You know how to bring out a writer’s best work through encouragement and constructive criticism.
- An excellent communicator: You communicate clearly, effectively, and politely with your teammates. In fact, you believe in “overcommunicating,” because you understand that lack of communication is the root cause of a dysfunctional team.
- A detail-oriented, tech-savvy, self-starter: You’re comfortable with technology generally and eager to learn. You’re disciplined and motivated, the kind of person who doesn’t need someone looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re doing your job.
- A fun person: You don’t lose your cool. You bring out the best in the people around you. You don’t take yourself too seriously. You can make and take a joke.
About QuimbeeFounded in 2007, Quimbee.com is the most widely used and respected legal study aid on the web. With a massive and growing library of case briefs, video lessons, multiple-choice questions, practice exams, and outlines, Quimbee helps its members achieve success in law school and beyond. Quimbee can be accessed on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
Powered by Creative Market
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of professional editorial experience
- Native fluency in English
- Impeccable grammar, spelling, and citation skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong feelings about the Oxford comma
- Excellent communication skills
- A working computer
- High-speed internet connection
- At least 5 years of experience in editing or publishing, bonus points for legal editing or publishing
- Graduation at the top of your class
- M.A. in English or journalism
What We Offer:
- Join a small team of people who love what they do
- Work from home
- A competitive salary
- Healthcare coverage (including dental) for you and your family
- Untracked paid time off and sick leave
- 401(k) with 3% company matching