We currently offer support via email and chat so you must be a flawless and empathetic written communicator.
Customer Success Representative
- Customer Success
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns. Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for culture and skills add in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub and others.
We’re looking for a full-time Customer Success Representative to assist our customers with using Shippo — both the online application and the API. You will help communicate the different features, functionality, and value of our products to prospective and current customers. You will work closely with our distributed Customer Success team on managing our queue, as well as our San Francisco-based Account Management, Product Management, and Engineering teams. We currently offer support via email and chat so you must be a flawless and empathetic written communicator.
This position can be based in San Francisco or a work-from-home position if remote. Prior experience working with a team via online channels a must if remote.
The ideal candidate for this job is…
- Energized by high-pressure situations, a fast-paced workplace, and a very busy inbox.
- Familiar with supporting online applications, Internet technologies, and is adept at communicating technical concepts.
- Able to influence customers’ adoption of paid product features as appropriate for their business.
- Resourceful, detail-oriented and truly passionate about making sure the customer gets what they need.
- Ready to dive headfirst into customer issues, and loves getting to the bottom of things.
- Empathetic, with a cheerful disposition.
- Able to welcome and embrace change as we continue to learn and grow!
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a direct customer-facing role, with at least one of those years being primarily via written communication.
- Impeccable writing skills, with a focus on modifying your tone based on the context (customer’s happiness level, urgency of situation, etc).
- Ability to work across teams to get customer issues resolved – experience working closely with software engineers on bugs or product managers on new features is a huge plus.
- Preference for someone who has previously worked in a startup environment – doing customer support for a company like Shippo is very different from working for a larger, more regimented company.
- Experience with Google Apps, Slack, Zendesk or other similar CRM.
- Able to work a Saturday-Wednesday schedule to ensure we have weekend coverage.
- The role is US-based.
- BONUS: Multi-lingual candidates are a huge plus, especially French/Canadian French.
- Insurance: medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents).
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy, with the possibility of some remote work.
- Lunch provided daily, along with drinks and snacks (SF only).
- Fun team events outside of work hours – happy hours, “escape the room” adventures, hikes, and more!
To apply for this job please visit hire.withgoogle.com.