we're looking for talented Project-Based Curriculum Science Writers who go ape for atoms, embrace environmental science, and flip out over physics.
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and…smart. Really smart.
To help carry out Shmoop’s (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for talented Project-Based Curriculum Science Writers who go ape for atoms, embrace environmental science, and flip out over physics. You’ll be writing engaging science content for students in middle school or high school.
- Writing engaging lessons—including lectures, example problems, and activities—for online publication.
- Creating user-friendly teacher guides and answer keys to accompany your curriculum.
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious yet informative science content.
- Middle School Physical Science
- Middle School Earth Science
- Middle School Life Science
- High School Physical Science
- High School Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate science with strong academic performance (GPA 3.7+)
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences and ability to express scientific concepts in an engaging and approachable way.
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences and ability to express technical concepts in an engaging and approachable way
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a good sense of humor
- Bonus points for experience teaching science to a middle school or high school audience
You can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want) and you’ll be paid per completed project. Please include a hilarious and well-written cover letter and normal human resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath.
Send us your wittiest cover letter and a résumé; we’ll be waiting with bated breath.