Resources Online is looking for independent proofreaders to join our remote team to review PowerPoint presentations for a large, high-profile tech conference this fall and to work with speakers at the conference. The project requires that you work both remotely (before the event) and onsite in Las Vegas (during the event). Travel is required (up to one week—flight, hotel, and meals are covered).
To be considered for the role, you must fully commit to both phases of the project. Note the proximity of these dates to the Thanksgiving holiday on November 22.
- Phase 1: October 19–November 21 and 23, 2018
- Phase 2: November 25–30, 2018
During Phase 1, you work remotely from your office. During Phase 2, you work onsite at the conference. Travel to the site is on Saturday, November 24, 2018. Schedules permitting, we’ll have a brief orientation meeting on Saturday evening. Work begins on Sunday, November 25, 2018. Return travel dates vary but are between November 27–30.
This is a fast-paced project. You are expected to work through a high volume of content, which may vary from day to day, requiring some flexibility. The number of hours required per week depends on the volume of submitted presentations and your cadence of work. Please be prepared to commit to full, eight-hour days, when the volume of work requires you to do so.
For this project, primary responsibilities include:
- Complete training which is a combination of self-study (six hours any time between October 15–19) and two to four hours with a project lead (to be scheduled between October 22–26).
- Proofread PowerPoint presentations for accurate branding, grammar, spelling, and usage.
- Ensure that copy adheres to the provided guidelines and is free of errors and typos.
- Complete project training, and attend scheduled team calls (remote).
- Communicate with the Resources Online team and our clients.
- Deliver regular status reports.
- Provide onsite services for up to six days. (Travel is required.)
Required skills and experience include:
- At least three years of professional proofreading experience (website, publishing house, or executive communications preferred).
- Proficiency with Chicago Manual of Style.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large volumes of work with minimal oversight and with tight deadlines.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
This is a 1099 independent contractor role. You will work on your own laptop (Windows—not MacOS) that can connect to the Internet and has Microsoft Office 2016.
If you’re interested, able to fulfill the required responsibilities, can commit to project dates, and have the necessary skills, experience, software, and laptop, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line, “Conference proofreader 2018.” Attach your résumé, and include a link to your LinkedIn profile. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit www.ronline.com.