Project-Based Computer Science Teacher-Writer
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and smart. Really smart.
- Writing engaging lessons—including lectures, activities, and exams—for online publication
- Creating user-friendly teacher guides to accompany your curriculum
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious yet informative CS content
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math-related field with strong academic performance (GPA 3.7+), or equivalent real-world experience
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences and ability to express computer science concepts in an engaging and approachable way
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a good sense of humor
- Prior editing experience
- Teaching experience
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). This is a freelance, contractor position, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your wittiest cover letter and a resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. If we like what we see, a topic-specific writing sample will be requested.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org