Catasys leads the health care industry in improving health and reducing claims costs for health plan members with behavioral health (BH) disorders that cause or exacerbate co-existing medical conditions.
Catasys leads the health care industry in improving health and reducing claims costs for health plan members with behavioral health (BH) disorders that cause or exacerbate co-existing medical conditions. OnTrak™, a 52-week intensive outpatient program, treats an overlooked population: members suffering from chronic disorders such as substance use disorder, anxiety and depression who rarely seek care. These members cost health plans millions of medical dollars primarily due to preventable ambulance usage, medical ER visits and medical inpatient admissions. Despite having a BH diagnosis, their BH spending is relatively minor or non-existent.
Catasys uses a proprietary analytics platform and predictive modeling to identify high utilizers of medical healthcare services with costs that can be significantly reduced by addressing the underlying BH disorder(s). Through proactive outreach, we engage and treat these individuals in our patient-centric program that integrates evidence-based medical interventions, psychosocial skill building and care coaching by nurses.
The end result is improved health and quality of life for the member, and a 50% reduction in claims costs to the health plan.
The Care Coach is responsible for engagement, enrollment, and coordination of care to improve the health and quality of life for members of the Catasys OnTrak program. Care Coaches utilize existing clinical and functional assessments of client progress, employ targeted intervention and education, and coordinate care pertaining to clients identified issue(s). The Care Coach utilizes Motivational Interviewing techniques to elicit active member participation. In addition, the Care Coach is responsible for the coordination of member care throughout the treatment continuum: medical intervention, relapse prevention, treatment of co-morbid conditions, and issues identified through the individual care plan.
- Uses exceptional written and verbal communication skills to engage, enroll, and maintain members in active participation in the OnTrak program as well as to coordinate member care.
- Conducts superior motivational interviewing, enhancement, and relapse prevention guidelines in telephonic communication with clients.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge of the Catasys OnTrak treatment program and usage of the eOnTrak electronic documentation platform.
- Provides exemplary customer service to and member-centric focus for, all clients.
- Communicates or requests information from providers in complete compliance with confidentiality standards and in a manner that generates cooperation.
- Complies with Catasys policies and procedures, including training, audits, alert response timeliness, intervention and follow-through, supervision receptiveness, as well as other Catasys policies and procedures related to the provision of services.
- Complies with Catasys Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Supports and meets any Catasys accreditation, auditing, contracted stakeholder reporting expectation.
- Works jointly with the Clinical Care Coordinator to support member referral, engagement, and enrollment into the OnTrak program.
- Supports enhancement of the eOnTrak electronic documentation platform by providing feedback to the development team and performing ad hoc system testing as indicated.
Qualified candidate will be a licensed RN/LPN/LVN with a strong interest in behavioral health. A minimum of three years of direct clinical experience in an acute care setting is required, a background in psych or chemical dependency is a bonus. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate proficiency in the utilization of Microsoft Office suite of products. Experience with electronic medical record documentation is a plus. Experience utilizing Motivational Interviewing techniques preferred.
Positions are opening soon Nationwide.
If you are a compassionate nurse with the desire and drive to help people get well and stay well we want to meet you! Catasys offers a competitive salary and benefits package and this position can be worked from a home office anywhere within the continental United States. Bi-lingual English/Spanish candidates strongly encouraged to apply.