P/T - US Remote
California Litigation Paralegal
Powered by Creative Market
Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal based in California with experience providing support to attorneys that work in litigation practices. If you have more than 5 years of experience as a paralegal, are highly familiar working in cloud-based legal software that enables remote work, and thrive in a work-from-home environment, we want to hear from you!
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide paralegal, administrative, and marketing support. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal experienced and qualified to work in California with a thorough knowledge of supporting a litigation practice, including experience drafting motions, discovery requests, keeping a case calendar, e-filing and document review. The ideal candidate will have experience in several areas of litigation, including but not limited to personal injury, commercial litigation, intellectual property and employment law.
The position requires availability to work 20 hours per week on average and candidates will have the opportunity to work more than 30 hours per week. Because we provide highly attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during the business day within one hour by email, phone, and text.
The ideal candidate will be very technologically adept, particularly with technology that facilitates remote work with law firms. In particular, the candidate should have experienced formatting and preparing documents in Word, preparing documents from templates, utilizing practice management software, and be knowledgeable about mechanisms for securely transmitting documents to preserve confidentiality. We are a growing business and we are looking for a paralegal who is excited to partner with us to help grow this aspect of our business. Pay is $20/hour. You would be hired as a part-time employee of Equivity, not an independent contractor.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Bachelor’s degree
- Qualified as a paralegal in California
- 5+ years working as a paralegal, specifically with litigation experience
- Experience creating documents in MS Word and Adobe
- Experience in family law or transactional paralegal work is a plus
- Familiarity with technology that permits remote work, including file sharing and cloud-based practice management software
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM – 6 PM Pacific Time, Monday – Friday
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to take phone calls