The opportunity to be part of a growing Utilities and Industrial Connectivity group within Celestica’s Advanced Technology Solutions Division.
Managing Complexity in a Dynamic World
As our customers look for opportunity in a world of rapid change and technology disruption, they trust Celestica to deliver the most advanced design, engineering and manufacturing expertise for their highly sophisticated and complex products. From advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware solutions for the Cloud, at Celestica we manage the complexity for our customers and set the bar for quality and reliability in their markets.
At Celestica, you have the opportunity to shape your career among an inclusive, diverse group of experienced employees and talented newcomers working around the globe; aspire towards your personal best in a flexible, equal, supportive, socially responsible environment designed to encourage self-growth; and showcase your brand of creativity, commitment, intelligence and passion.
Celestica has a rapidly growing Utilities and Industrial Connectivity organization. The group serves the leading OEMs in the Metering and Mesh Network space with Manufacturing Services, product design, design for manufacturing, value engineering and test optimization. We are looking to expand our current customer relationships and target strategic opportunities to sustain our profitable growth. We target Industrial IoT Core Infrastructure, Edge Devices, and Smart Grid Products. We are looking for an individual with an Engineering Aptitude and a Strong Business Acumen to join our organization as a Key Account Lead.
There are many benefits to joining our team, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a growing Utilities and Industrial Connectivity group within Celestica’s Advanced Technology Solutions Division;
- We are a global leader in the electronics industry, a point of pride with Celestica employees;
- Celestica offers a global, collaborative culture;
- Market-competitive total rewards; and
- We are focused on sustainability and provide opportunities for employees to give back to the community.
Location: This position will preferably be located on the East Coast of the United States although there is flexibility for the right candidate.
As the Business Director for Utilities and Industrial Connectivity, you will be responsible for developing a current strategic account portfolio in line with our segment strategy. You will also support our sales organization by delivering our value proposition and supporting new customer meetings.
Reporting to the General Manager of Utilities and Industrial Connectivity, the Business Director is directly responsible for the profitable growth of his assigned accounts. The successful candidate is expected to:
- Embrace key objectives and demonstrate the ability to self-regulate to meet deadlines. Proactive approach leads to completion prior to due date.
- Thought leader who enhances the messaging and quality of our objectives and plan of action
- Efficient and Productive reporting which eliminates double work and ensures that all reports are in sync with the underlying activities
- Enabler who supports the activities of Sales, Supply Chain and Operations and is evaluated to add value towards their advancement
- Customer advocate who finds win-win solutions which advance our objectives in parallel to the customer advancing theirs. Enforces dual accountability by Celestica and the Customer
- Possess and Engineering Accumen and develop a deep understanding of customer product roadmaps, industry trends, and lead the efforts of our Design, Value Engineering, and Supply Chain Strategy as it pertains to their accounts
- Prior experience with Smart Metering, Utilities Products, and Industrial Connectivity are a plus but not essential
- Prior P&L responsibility is a plus but not essential
The individual is accountable developing profitable, strong and long-lasting insight based relationships with our customers.
- Develop and Monitor Project Plans for Project ramps which are tied to financial investments and performance
- Understand and approve P&Ls for new programs by measuring their competitiveness and reliability of implementation
- Articulate Account Status, Segment Strategy, and Value Propositions
- Maintain Supply Chain Plans to improve financial performance
- Become Customer Technology Partner
- Acts as the Customer advocate to ensure that the organization remains customer-focused.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship management and professional sales skills
- Have the ability to work on, and close, multiple prospects simultaneously
- Proven track record of developing business with new clients / developing new markets
- Fostering and building relationships with existing clients as required
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills
- Ability to understand Profit and Loss modeling and sales impacts to improving customer financials
- Value-based solution selling, business judgment, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Experience working and selling with senior level executives.
- Exceptional ability to work with others as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience working with vast remote cross-functional teams in large matrix organizations
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully carried a sales, revenue or operational quota gains
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in business development and client relations
- Proven ability to control the financial impact of complex manufacturing projects
- Understanding and experience with the development of product roadmaps and the ability to use same to establish business and engineering priorities
- Understanding of key business objectives linked to Supply Chain and the ability to articulate improvements plans and evaluate process improvements to deliver business results.
- Experience with AMI (advanced metering infrastructure) will be considered an asset
Note: This position has global responsibilty and candidate has to be comfortable with upto 70-75% of business travel.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) is a US$5.6 billion global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver the most advanced design, engineering and manufacturing expertise for their highly sophisticated and complex products. From advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware solutions for the Cloud, at Celestica we manage the complexity for our customers and set the bar for quality and reliability in their markets. Our customer portfolio includes leaders in the enterprise computing, communications, aerospace and defense, industrial, smart energy, healthtech and semiconductor markets. Headquartered in Toronto, our global network spans 13 countries with 26,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Nearest Major Market: Eugene
Job Segment: Engineer, Supply, Design Engineer, Supply Chain, Business Development, Engineering, Operations, Sales
To apply for this job please visit careers.celestica.com.