Provide day-to-day support and execution for consulting projects, leveraging industry knowledge, organizational skills and project management experience.
Support client engagements as part of the Legal Business Solutions (LBS) team; provide business consulting services, process improvement analysis and technology utilization support to elite corporate law departments. Demonstrate and grow expertise in legal operations in order to support clients through assessment of Law Department, process & technology and appropriate resources allocation. Develop and implement solutions for short-term and long-term operational improvement and cost management. Drive a team culture that exemplifies entrepreneurship, collaboration and professional development.
- Provide day-to-day support and execution for consulting projects, leveraging industry knowledge, organizational skills and project management experience.
- Develop project plans for UnitedLex’s Legal Business Solutions team via the implementation of strategies to improve the efficiency of our corporate law department clients.
- Create deliverables using experience and knowledge of industry trends, leadership direction and business experience.
- Effectively support the development of new business and the expansion of existing client accounts via exemplary service.
- Improve approaches for effective delivery of consulting services to maximize benefit to UnitedLex and our clients.
- Support day-to-day needs of client accounts and create timely, high quality deliverables.
- Identify and support opportunities to integrate and leverage breadth of UnitedLex services into delivery of LBS consulting.
- Schedule and track project timelines through executing project management skills while understanding the broad scope and schedule implications of the project.
- Maintain knowledge of cutting-edge industry tools and trends in matter management, records management, e-billing, document management. Manage the deployment of new technology and process within client organizations. Maintain expertise in financial management and outside counsel management.
- Seek out opportunities for continuous learning and development.
- UnitedLex is committed to preserving the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all the physical and electronic information assets throughout the organization. Consistent with the UnitedLex ISMS policy and the ISO 27001 standard, every employee is responsible for complying with UnitedLex information security policies and reporting all security concerns, weaknesses and breaches.
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Analytics, MIS or a related field
- MBA, JD or other relevant advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with a leading consulting firm or large law firm in a consulting, paralegal, business analytics, law department operations, litigation support or similar role
- Experience with software implementations, including matter management, e-billing, contracts management, a strong plus
- Tech savvy, with strong knowledge of relevant industry platforms and tools
- Strong mastery of process analytics and design, with related operational experience
- Knowledge of law department management best practices and industry trends
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills with the ability and credibility to foster client trust and buy-in
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ownership of day-to-day work, projects and initiatives
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Team player with proven ability to work collaboratively both internally and externally
- Willingness to travel up to 50%