ABMGG board-certified clinical molecular geneticist or ABP board-certified molecular genetic pathologist. FACMG and DABMG work too!
What you’ll do
- Final report sign out of our patient reports
- Provide leadership to the Operations, R&D, and Product Development teams in the areas of clinical and analytical validity
- Lead curation team to work with computational biologists and research scientists on product development efforts
- Collaborate with software engineering team to design, optimize, and automate QC and data review interfaces
- Design assay validation studies
- Partner with quality management team to develop, implement and maintain SOPs and appropriate QC and QA programs
- Work with technical supervisors to improve procedures for sequencing QC and data review, review sequencing quality indicators on a weekly basis and help develop action plans
- Refine curation protocols and classification criteria
- Review variant classifications and final reports
- Function as a knowledge resource for difficult cases
- ABMGG board-certified clinical molecular geneticist or ABP board-certified molecular genetic pathologist. FACMG and DABMG work too!
- Experience with: 1) Interpreting variants in the context of the medical literature (experience with germline diagnostics including hereditary cancer syndromes or exome sequencing desired), REQUIRED 2) Corresponding with medical geneticists and oncologists on interpretation of results 3) Design of gene panels and molecular tests 4) Reviewing results of germline and/or somatic NGS assays for validity 5) CLIA lab operations and testing requirements
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Excellent leadership, human relations and communication skills
- Requires high attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and adapt rapidly to changing priorities and tasks
- Role and title will commensurate with experience
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.