Directly oversee a designated number of Market Managers within given region and are responsible for coaching, developing, and performance managing the team
Amazon offers a collection of revolutionary devices and the device business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing at Amazon. Our lineup includes Echo devices, Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV, and more. We pride ourselves in being able to provide customers with a fully integrated service with easy access to millions of movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games.
The Amazon Offline Retail team is the group responsible for selling Amazon devices into many brick and mortar retailers across the US. The Area Manager role is a leadership role, reporting to a Regional Manager and directly oversees a number of Market Managers. The Area Manager is responsible for coaching, development, and performance management of those assigned Market Managers. They will also support their region by managing a select number of stores and taking on additional assigned projects.
In this role, you will: ·
· Increase sales through the offline retail channel
· Directly oversee a designated number of Market Managers within given region and are responsible for coaching, developing, and performance managing the team ·
· Ensure the Amazon in-store experience and merchandising is properly implemented across retailers within your direct team and region ·
· Interview, hire and manage a team with accompanying responsibilities of allocating and directing work ·
· Serve as the Amazon evangelist for your region.
· Train Market Managers on how to sell our devices, accessories, content, and ecosystem ·
· Monitor and respond to success metrics in your market ·
· Sponsor internal and external business reviews covering operational performance and strategic initiatives ·
· Create programs and processes that will allow Market Managers to target highest value regions, accounts, and stores ·
· Manage in-store product transitions and retailer communications
· Collect business and market insights from consumers, store associates, and Market Managers ·
· Work with Amazon Marketing and Product Management to incorporate findings into a marketing plan and product roadmap ·
· Identify expansion opportunities among regional retailers ·
· Travel to complete store visits within assigned territory ·
· Regularly visit and spend time with direct reports in the field ·
· Travel 50% of the time or as required ·
· Be on your feet for up to 8 hours at a time
· Push, pull, lift or carry items up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
· Flexible work hours including nights and weekends ·
· Experience in communicating and presenting product features and teaching others ·
· Access to reliable transportation to travel between worksites during the work day ·
· Possess a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a clean motor vehicle record ·
· Possess a cell phone compatible with Form.com which includes, iOS and Android devices.
· Basic Qualifications:
· 7+ years of work experience in consumer electronics
· 3+ years experience leading and managing remote or virtual employees
· 2+ years of people management experience. ·
· 9+ years of work experience in consumer electronics
· Leadership responsibility for a Market (Multiple Locations).·
· Strong written and verbal communication skills ·
· Experience with detail-oriented work and communication ·
· Composed, poised and professional demeanor ·
· Bachelor’s degree ·
· Experience in recruiting, hiring and developing a talent pipeline to support future growth opportunities ·
· Demonstrated success in problem-solving and delivering results.
· Deep understanding of Amazon devices and the Amazon ecosystem.
· Passion for Amazon and commitment to delighting customers. ·
· Ability to complete multiple activities simultaneously
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Powered by Creative Market