What is Digital Marketing
Powered by Creative Market
By definition, digital marketing is the promotion of products, services or brands delivered through online marketing channels including but not limited to search engines, email, mobile apps and social media.
Compared to traditional marketing strategies, digital marketing is the most efficient form of advertising today.
The most common business growth opportunities include using digital channels such as YouTube, Facebook, Google, Email, Content, Search Engine Optimization, Ebooks, Blog, Infographics, and other social media marketing.
In other words, any online form of marketing.
BONUS: Scroll down to find Work From Home and Remote Work Travel Jobs for Digital Marketers.
What does a Digital Marketing Specialist do?
A digital marketing specialist is a 360-degree digital marketer who has good working knowledge of all digital marketing domains and can work from home or travel and work remotely.
The primary objectives of a digital marketing specialist are to increase brand awareness, promote products, build traffic on the branded website, acquire new customers, generate product interest among prospects and create high product visibility among distinct audiences.
A digital marketing specialist works to initiate effective online marketing campaigns, evaluate the needs of the consumer market, and comprehend how and where to acquire knowledge about consumer trends and demands. They are responsible for developing strategies to market a company’s product online by integrating various promotions to get the company’s message out to prospects.
What is the workplace of a Digital Marketing Specialist like?
A digital marketing specialist is responsible for strategizing and executing various online marketing promotions and campaigns. These can be carried out through any of the digital marketing domains – SEO, SEM, PPC, social media, email and content. A digital marketing specialist is a marketer who should display a complete understanding of all domains so that he/she can make the right decisions for campaigns to succeed.
Other digital marketing activities include analyzing data and performance of ongoing campaigns, comparing the previous month’s ROI on campaigns, planning/implementing changes that are to be made, and determining next steps for improving campaign performance. A specialist should be highly proficient in analyzing data to better understand the market and customer landscape. One of the most important aspects of a specialist’s job is to strategize campaigns with respect to their performance, both organic and inorganic, and budget allocation. The digital marketing specialist is also responsible for scouting for new avenues and geographies for acquiring new leads, clicks and customers.
Digital Marketing Masters Program
365 days course access
Access to 75+ live instructor-led online classes
$111K – $135K
Annual average salary in USA
45+ Projects & MimicPro Simulation
Hands-on experience with a simulation environment
Get OMCP exam voucher worth USD 395 on completion
Why Is Digital Marketing Used?
In an ever growing digital world with over 3 billion people who use the Internet and over 95% of Americans owning at least one mobile device, it makes sense why digital marketing is the preferred advertising choice compared to traditional marketing.
Own A Mobile Device
With more people getting online and spending more of their time online buying things, businesses are focusing more and more on digital marketing, and it’s growing every day.
Digital marketing also reduces your carbon footprint by decreasing the use of print advertisements such as billboards, newspaper ads, and phonebooks.
Become A Digital Marketing Master
Why Should I Take A Digital Marketing Course?
Digital marketing is used by many companies and benefits business owners and entrepreneurs looking to grow their business by learning how to plan and execute an effective digital marketing strategy for increasing business growth.
- Mastering Digital Marketing: Even if you already use digital marketing you can expand your skill set by mastering tools and platforms which are necessary to a successful digital marketing strategy.
- Offering Digital Marketing Services: Any Work-From-Home freelancer seeks out growth opportunities. Learning digital marketing strategies and becoming a master in that field can benefit the sale of digital marketing services.
- Blogging or affiliate marketing: Whether you are starting out blogging or you are a veteran, you can learn how to formulate, plan and execute effective digital marketing campaigns.
- Transitioning from ad-print: If you are still using the traditional form of advertising, newspaper or phone book, taking a digital marketing course can help to stay relevant to current marketing strategies in a growing digital world.
- New To The Workforce: If you are new to the workforce or just getting back into it, you can’t go wrong with learning the key elements of digital marketing. Having completed an accredited digital marketing course will give you that edge in getting more interview opportunities than those who aren’t educated in digital marketing.
- Business Owners and Entrepreneurs: Digital marketing is an important skill in an ever growing digital world.
With So Many Digital Marketing Courses How Do I Know Which One To Choose?
If you are ready to become industry ready in digital marketing and any of the following describe your situation, then Simplilearn’s Digital Marketing Course is for you:
- Job Ready For Digital Marketing 100% 100%
- Add On Digital Marketing To Your Skill Set 100% 100%
- Learn & Use Digital Marketing For Your Business 100% 100%
What are the benefits of taking the digital marketing specialist course?
- Digital marketing is one of the most coveted skills for any marketing professional to help get a higher salary and more impactful role, thanks to the soaring budget contribution of digital marketing
- Entrepreneurs find digital marketing the most sought-after medium to reach customers and prospects.
- Career prospects and job security are the key drivers for students. Digital marketing positions offer high salaries and job satisfaction, and relevant skills to help students kick-start their career.
- Digital marketing courses help professionals to expand their skillsets and master digital marketing to confidently manage complex digital marketing problems.
What are the benefits of Simplilearn?
Utilizing a practical learning approach with four live projects, you are put in the driver seat of a website to provide you with hands-on digital marketing experience. While focusing on your learned digital strategy, you will use various digital marketing tools in the following FOUR LIVE PROJECTS.
Google Analytics + SEO
You Tube + Video Marketing
Become An Expert Twitter Advertiser
Google Analytcs Expert
Learn Search Engine Optimization
Learn Digital Marketing Strategy
Learn Social Media Marketing
Learn Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Start Your Digital Marketing Course Today!
This course will enable you to:
Gain an in-depth understanding of the various digital marketing disciplines: search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, pay-per-click (PPC), conversion optimization, web analytics, content marketing, mobile marketing, email marketing, programmatic buying, marketing automation and digital marketing strategy.
Master digital marketing execution tools: Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Marketing, Twitter Advertising, and YouTube Marketing.
Become a virtual digital marketing manager for an e-commerce company with Mimic Pro simulations included in our course. Practice SEO, SEM, conversion optimization, email marketing and more.
Gain real-life experience by completing projects using Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Marketing, and YouTube Marketing.
Learn how to formulate, plan, and execute effective digital marketing strategies with our digital marketing strategy module.
Prepare for top digital marketing certification exams such as OMCA, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Marketing, and YouTube Marketing certifications.
Become an expert in Twitter advertising—we developed the Twitter advertising module in this course in partnership with Twitter.
Helps You To Prepare For 5 Different Certifications:
What Other Key Features Does Simplilearn Offer In Their Digital Marketing Course?
48 Hours of instructor led training
10 simulation exams
44+ hours of self-paced video
Instructor dream team of Silicon Valley
10 rounds of simulations to practice SEO, SEM, Optimization, Analytics + Email Marketing
Concepts of Digital Marketing such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing, Pay-Per-Click (PPC), Conversion Optimization, Web Analytics, Content Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Email Marketing, and Digital Marketing Strategy. The course will also help you master tools and platforms such as Google Analytics, AdWords, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. It includes Mimic Pro simulations to augment the concepts learned via virtual experience.
This course is very involved and has a lot to cover. To learn more about this particular course please visit Simplilearn directly via our affiliate link.
If this course sounds interesting, but you would like to begin your digital marketing education in a lower capacity or in a more specialized digital marketing area, Simplilearn offers over 40-course variations focusing on the key elements of digital marketing.
Here are only a few individually focused digital marketing courses. You can see all digital marketing courses offered by Simplilearn here.
Thank you for taking your time to visit and as always, if you have any questions about our report or would like additional assistance, please contact us directly or scroll down and post a comment or question.
If you find this post helpful, please share the love with friends and family. Thank you.
All the best in your Work-From-Home Career, Take Care!
The Pro Jobs Finders Crew