Abdominal Hip Lift at Home
Powered by Creative Market
This is one of our favorite belly busters!
If you’re looking to firm and tone your lower belly and strengthen your core, then this exercise may be for you.
Remember to listen to your body when exercising.
If something hurts or your feeling short of breath or dizzy, STOP! Discontinue the exercise and consult your primary care professional. In case of an emergency call 911.
Prior to any exercise or any diet changes always consult your primary care professional. This post was not written by a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. We share our personal experiences, opinions, and lifestyles with like-minded individuals for the sole purpose of helping you to achieve your lifestyle goals. Please contact us with any questions.
DO NOT ATTEMPT IF YOU HAVE
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Strengthens core and pelvic stabilizers
- Firms and tones lower abdominals
ABDOMINAL HIP LIFT STEPS
- Warm up with healthy stretching exercises.
- Lie down with your legs in the air and crossed at the ankles, knees straight. Place your arms on the floor, straight by your sides.
- Pinching your legs together and squeezing your buttocks, press into the back of your arms to lift your hips upwards.
- Slowly return your hips to the floor. Repeat ten times, then switch with the opposite leg crossed in the front. 3x10 each leg.
Under professional supervision here’s how you can make this exercise more difficult: Keeping your hips on the floor, raise your arms towards the ceiling. Reach towards your toes as you lift your shoulders off the floor.
DO IT RIGHT
- Keep your legs straight and firm throughout the exercise.
- Relax your neck and shoulders as you lift the hips.
- Jerking your movements or using momentum to lift the hips.
- rectus abdominis
- transversus abdominis
- triceps brachii
- rectus femoris
Find a detailed break down of this healthy exercise and more healthy exercises you can do at home found here in the Anatomy of Exercise Encyclopedia.
We hope you’ve found this exercise as beneficial as we have in our healthy at home lifestyle.
Share with your friends, Pin it for later and keep for quick reference.