Healthy Work-from-Home Lifestyle
While working from home is very rewarding, it can also have its challenges.
One primary challenge we find some folks to have is staying healthy while working at home.
Many work-from-home peeps do not “clock-in” for their job. The freedom is excellent, but because you have 24/7 access to the kitchen while working from home, some find it very challenging to curb food cravings.
Don’t worry you’re not alone!
We want you to know there are options to being healthy while working from home and that anyone can do it!
Getting on the right path to a healthier lifestyle is easier than you may imagine.
Here we help you find what works best for you in attaining a healthier you in the work-at-home lifestyle.
Be smart and safe. Always listen to your body. If a new exercise hurts, stop! The old saying, “no pain no gain” does NOT apply here….ever!
Check out our best list below and pick one, or pick all, just be sure you check with your healthcare professional prior to beginning any new workout, fitness or diet plan.
How-To Live a Healthy Work-at-Home Lifestyle
Requests have been pouring in with inquiries on how we manage our health and exercises while working from home.
Over the years we’ve made adjustments to our fitness routines, but we’ve pretty much nailed it down with these go-to’s.
We’re super excited to share them with you all and hope you find them to be as helpful in your work-at-home lifestyle as we do.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- 15-Minute Low Impact Exercise (Perfect for your break time)
- 7 Tips for a Healthier Work at Home Lifestyle
- 15 Ways to Lose Weight from Home
- 25-Minutes Cardio & Legs
Side Note for Making Extra Cash: Do you want to get in on the “dieting for dollars” craze and up your potential for weight loss success? Bet on yourself and start your HealthyWager today. Then lose the weight and get paid, simple as that!
Keep to a Schedule
It’s easy to lose track of time while working from home, for this reason, it’s crucial to have your daily work schedule outlined.
Creating and sticking to your schedule is an essential factor in maintaining a healthy work-at-home lifestyle. We should know since we’ve been at it since 2003. Wow, time zooms!
Having your meals laid out to use your time more wisely is a huge part of a healthy work-at-home lifestyle.
Here is a great way to get eating back on schedule and save time while you’re at it with 15 Ways to Lose Weight from home
We’ve discovered that Amazon Fresh is the most effective way to keep on track with our meal planning as well as budgeting.
- Select from over 50k items
- Fresh organic products available (this is our favorite benefit)
- Keep an eye on your spending to stay on budget
- Free delivery on orders over $50
About Amazon Fresh
AmazonFresh is a grocery delivery and pickup service available exclusively to Prime members in select cities. Prime members can get the benefits of AmazonFresh for an additional monthly membership fee of $14.99.
How to sign up for the Fresh Add-on
Prime members in select cities can shop for groceries, everyday essentials, favorites from local shops and restaurants, and more with AmazonFresh. AmazonFresh offers Attended Delivery and Unattended Delivery, with Pickup options in select cities.
Visit Amazon.com/AmazonFresh to see if delivery or pickup is available in your area.
- Go to Sign-up for AmazonFresh.
- Select Start your 30-day free trial.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, if prompted.
Do you want to make money while you lose weight?
Lose Weight Challenge: The prize amount depends on several factors that you input, including your weight loss goal. You only get your prize if you achieve your goal by the end of your weight loss competition. The average prize for goal achievers is $1,331. Weight loss is challenging – we supply the fun, motivation, and accountability, but you have to supply the effort!
Take A Break from Your Home-Office
Remember to pencil in your break times throughout the day.
Try to schedule a break no more than every 3 hours so you can keep a healthy heart blood flow.
Please note that this information we are providing is not intended to replace your healthcare professional advice, diagnosis, treatment, prevention, fitness/exercise plan or to cure any disease. Always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness regimen.
Before we get into the 7 health tips for a healthier work-at-home career, we want to share this easy and quick 15-minute low impact leg and glutes workout.
We all do these exercises and two of our favorites things about this quick workout during your break-time is you don’t need to put on a workout outfit and what’s really cool is you don’t even need any equipment.
This 15-break is meant as a guideline to help get your blood flowing and be more heart healthy by giving yourself a break from your home-office while working at home.
Our suggestion for beginners is listed below. Remember to listen to your body. If something hurts, immediately stop and seek assistance from your healthcare provider. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
15-Minute Low Impact Exercise
- Our suggestion for beginners 3 reps of 5-10 each leg
Square Pattern Squats with Lunges
- Our suggestion for beginners, start with 1 or 2 and build up. You may be a little wobbly at first, but stick with it and you’ll soon feel and see a difference in how your clothes fit and how you feel.
Runner Stance Heel Touches
- Our suggestion for beginners 3 reps 5-10 each leg
Side Plank Leg Lifts
- Our suggestion for beginners 5-10 seconds each leg
7 Tips for a Healthier Work at Home Lifestyle
Our 7-Tips For A Healthy Work-from-Home Career
- Get a good nights rest – Try to get at least 7 hours to recharge your batteries – well, your brain and body. ☺
- Drink a minimum of 8 ounces of water first thing after you wake up – This will replenish lost fluids while sleeping. Try this: Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of warm water with honey. This zippy tea is an added health benefit used as an anti-inflammatory.
- Take a shower and get dressed for the day – This will help you feel confident…you’ll smell better too 🙂
- Eat a healthy breakfast – Try something such as gluten-free oatmeal with almond milk, honey, fruits, and nuts – Add a protein shake and you’ve got our go-to nutritional breakfast.
- Take plenty of breaks – Use a timer or an alarm and schedule 5 or 10-minute walk breaks to get some fresh air and exercise your heart. Do this for every 2-3 hours of work.
- Keep work and personal time separate – Try to give yourself at least 1 – 2 full days off. Giving yourself days off while working from home will help you keep your sanity – lol – while keeping your mind and overall well being in good spirits.
- Lastly, stay clear of junk food – Be nice to your heart and body by ruling out high processed sugar snacks and replacing them with healthy snacks like nuts, seeds, and home-made fruit cups. Our friends over at Sun Basket can provide you with organic farm-fresh ingredients and 18 meal plans to choose from. Give it a try and it’ll make your work-from-home lifestyle healthier. Check out some of our favorite healthy recipes here at “Eat Healthy From Home.”
Did you find this resources helpful? If so, please share with others. If not, shout out to us and let us know how we can be of better service. Thanks for stopping by. Take care and make it a great day. ☺Pro Jobs Finders Crew