Healthy Work-from-Home Lifestyle
While working from home is very rewarding, it can also have its challenges.
One primary challenge we find some folks to have is staying healthy while working at home.
Many work-from-home peeps do not “clock-in” for their job. The freedom is excellent, but because you have 24/7 access to the kitchen while working from home, some find it very challenging to curb food cravings.
Don’t worry you’re not alone!
We want you to know there are options to being healthy while working from home and that anyone can do it!
Getting on the right path to a healthier lifestyle is easier than you may imagine and it begins with:
- Science-Based Healthy Eating
- 15-Minute Low Impact Exercise (Perfect for your break time)
- 7 Tips for a Healthier Work at Home Lifestyle
It’s easy to lose track of time while working from home, for this reason, we all know having your daily work schedule outlined is essential.
It’s also important to have your meals laid out to use your time more wisely and stop putting off going to the grocery store.
There is a great way to get eating back on schedule and save time while you’re at it. It’s simple with our pals over at BistroMD who have over 20 years of healthy eating success.
They don’t just deliver weight loss meals to your front door; they help both men and women get their health and life back on track by using science to create a meal plan just for you.
With their science-based approach to healthy eating and in just four easy steps you can start enjoying delicious, healthy recipes from your customized balanced nutrition plan.
And did we mention your meals are delivered right to your front door?
It’s an Eating-Right Time-Save solution!
It’s Break Time! Remember to pencil in your break times throughout the day. Try to schedule a break no more than every 3 hours so you can keep a healthy heart blood flow.
Please note that this information we are providing is not intended to replace your healthcare professional advice, diagnosis, treatment, prevention, fitness/exercise plan or to cure any disease. Always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness regimen.
Before we get into the 7 health tips for a healthier work at home career, we want to share this easy and quick 15-minute low impact leg and glutes workout from InFitInHealth.com
We all do these exercises and two of our favorites things about this quick workout break is you don’t need to put on a workout outfit and what’s really cool is you don’t even need any equipment. Awesome, huh?!
This 15-break is meant as a guideline to help get your blood flowing and be more heart healthy by giving yourself a break from your home office while working at home or in the field.
Our suggestion for beginners is listed below. Remember to listen to your body. If something hurts, immediately stop and seek assistance from your healthcare provider. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
Follow the picture guide by InFitInHealth.com along with our beginner’s suggestions below. Let’s get started.
- Our suggestion for beginners 3 reps of 5-10 each leg
Square Pattern Squats with Lunges
- Our suggestion for beginners, start with 1 or 2 and build up. You may be a little wobbly at first, but stick with it and you’ll soon feel and see a difference in how your clothes fit and how you feel.
Runner Stance Heel Touches
- Our suggestion for beginners 3 reps 5-10 each leg
Side Plank Leg Lifts
- Our suggestion for beginners 5-10 seconds each leg
Inside Kneww Press – Pulse – Hold
- Our suggestion for beginners Press 3 seconds, Pulse 3 seconds, Hold 3 seconds
Our 7-Tips For A Healthy Work-from-Home Career
- Get a good nights rest – try to get at least 7 hours.
- Drink a minimum of 8 ounces of water first thing after you wake up. This will replenish lost fluids while sleeping. Try this: Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of warm water with honey. This zippy tea is an added health benefit used as an anti-inflammatory.
- Take a shower and get dressed for the day – this will help you feel confident…you’ll smell better too 🙂
- Eat a healthy breakfast – try something such as gluten-free oatmeal with almond milk, honey, fruits, and nuts – Add a protein shake and you’ve got our go-to nutritional breakfast.
- Take plenty of breaks – use a timer or an alarm and schedule 5 or 10-minute walk breaks to get some fresh air and exercise your heart. Do this for every 2-3 hours of work.
- Keep work and personal time separate – try to give yourself at least 1 – 2 full days off. Giving yourself days off while working from home will help you keep your sanity – lol- while keeping your mind and overall well being in good spirits.
- Lastly, stay clear of junk food. Be nice to your heart and body by ruling out high processed sugar snacks and replacing them with healthy snacks like nuts, seeds, and home-made fruit cups.
Do you have any work-from-home healthy tips? Add them in the comments below or reach out to us via email. Drop Us A Line
Did you find this resources helpful? If so, please share with others. If not, shout out to us and let us know how we can be of better service. Thanks for stopping by. Take care and make it a great day. ☺Pro Jobs Finders Crew